Time With Ozed.
Few days ago, I had the privilege of meeting and interacting with Mr Ozemena who shared with me a little of his success story and his business principles.
What he shared with me, I have added on my "IntellBoxx" and I'm going to relate it with us on this virtual space. I hope you will find it inspiring just like I did.
Mr Ozed, as he is fondly called, is the Chief Executive Officer of Sir Francis Investment International Limited, a wholesale-based business outlet that specializes basically on imported brands of Hotel and Supermarket commodities. His business focuses majorly on selling key commodities of major Multi National companies products as one of the key distributor. His businesses span across several different products lines targeting major supply with most 5 star hotels, Supermarket and Grocery stores in key areas in Abuja.
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
In his words, he told me "Human beings are all destined to be great. All we need is to start small and grow big because the path to greatness is made available to all of us."
He cited the biblical example of the Israelites when they were about to cross the river Jordan. Immediately after Moses cried unto God about their predicament, God asked Moses what is it in his hand? He mentioned it was his staff,,,, and God instructed him to use it, he used it and alas! the Red Sea was parted and the Israelites crossed over safely...
He highlighted this story to drive down some points when he was telling me about the prevalent mistakes a lot of people make and the general preconceptions they hold which is limiting them from starting up a business...waiting until when they mock up substantial amount of money before they consider venturing into the business of their choice. He said it's a mental road block that will keep aspiring business people stagnated unless they do away with it.
"Start with what you have and grow from there" That was his words. "It does not matter how small you started. The point is to maintain a positive mindset. Even if you hope to start a business that seems insignificant, you must remain positive, and as you progress, believe that you will grow your business"
He narrated to me how he started his business with six hundred naira in 1989. That Six Hundred naira have now translated into an unqualifiable stash of cash that it is today. I couldn't believe my ears as he went further with his counsel...
"I want you to understand that starting small does not mean that you are small, it's a natural stage of progress. Everything on earth started small or began in a seed form including me and you. It's normal because it have only one place to go and that is increase.."
And when I checked, he was right. A large number of companies like Walmart, Cocacola, Shoprite etc...that I have researched and read thoroughly about, all of them started as a 'one man' businesses. That's on a global perspectives....
One person got an idea, saw the opportunity and the need and believed it. With passion and determination, they boldly ensured the idea became a physical tangible entity. Today, each of these companies I mentioned earlier have nothing less than two thousand five hundred outlets with aggregated staff of over 5 million people.
Talk about the local players in my field (Grocery Industry) like Sahad Stores, H-Medix, Skylark, Ebeano, Nadrem, Faxx, Masscare, and Pyramid Supermarket...They all started small with big vision. Today, some of this business Ventures are now leasing out franchise with their tentacles aggressively spreading across key strategic positions in Abuja and beyond. Sahad is on its way to to launch one of the biggest hospital in Abuja.
Sssshhhh!..I didn't say anything!
When I asked him what does he have to say about OPPORTUNIT(Y)IES???
He demystified it in a way that I was well pleased. He said that no human being on earth have never had an OPPORTUNITY in one way or the other to survive and scale above abject poverty. It's in our ability to recognize that opportunity and cease it that makes the difference.
"When you do this, that's when people begins to tell how lucky you are. Luck usually stems from CEASING an opportunity. If we are diligent in our dealings, stay focused and become customers centric, we will always survive. There's no shortcut to success. It have to involve hardwork. Due diligence and perseverance" he said.
The hallmark of our conversation was when he revealed a little of his vision and I was stunned to learn that even with all these level of achievement and massive strides of successes and accomplishments, he still feels like he haven't achieved anything. Then I know, entrepreneurship is truly a voyage; an unending journey to the unknown with an optimistic foray into the future.
He ended his remarks by telling me never to dispise my little beginning, for greater is the end of a thing thereof than the starting point.
"Keep your focus, come to work a little earlier, work a little harder, closer a little later and success shall surely knock at your door. Try all these with an intensive focus, trust me, you will be respected among men in the future"
"I hope so" I replied and heaved a very deep sigh of relief, thanked him very well then left with a reassurance of hope to hold on steadfastly and do all he had told me.
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Dear readers, success in anything we do (as I have learned in recent years during my stewardship) comes from:
1. The repeated effort we consistently put into doing that which we like.
2. Finding a way around to make it better.
3 Then monetize it in a way that your customers are always happy to pay you their hard earned money for the services you offer and equally feel happy to come back for more.
It doesn't matter what kind of business you are into, what kind of services you offer, how small you started or how much money you're going to start with. What matters most is your vision, your dream and the efforts and sacrifices you are willing to put in to see that your vision come through.
Go.Start.Grow.
#Bobbywrites
What he shared with me, I have added on my "IntellBoxx" and I'm going to relate it with us on this virtual space. I hope you will find it inspiring just like I did.
Mr Ozed, as he is fondly called, is the Chief Executive Officer of Sir Francis Investment International Limited, a wholesale-based business outlet that specializes basically on imported brands of Hotel and Supermarket commodities. His business focuses majorly on selling key commodities of major Multi National companies products as one of the key distributor. His businesses span across several different products lines targeting major supply with most 5 star hotels, Supermarket and Grocery stores in key areas in Abuja.
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
In his words, he told me "Human beings are all destined to be great. All we need is to start small and grow big because the path to greatness is made available to all of us."
He cited the biblical example of the Israelites when they were about to cross the river Jordan. Immediately after Moses cried unto God about their predicament, God asked Moses what is it in his hand? He mentioned it was his staff,,,, and God instructed him to use it, he used it and alas! the Red Sea was parted and the Israelites crossed over safely...
He highlighted this story to drive down some points when he was telling me about the prevalent mistakes a lot of people make and the general preconceptions they hold which is limiting them from starting up a business...waiting until when they mock up substantial amount of money before they consider venturing into the business of their choice. He said it's a mental road block that will keep aspiring business people stagnated unless they do away with it.
"Start with what you have and grow from there" That was his words. "It does not matter how small you started. The point is to maintain a positive mindset. Even if you hope to start a business that seems insignificant, you must remain positive, and as you progress, believe that you will grow your business"
He narrated to me how he started his business with six hundred naira in 1989. That Six Hundred naira have now translated into an unqualifiable stash of cash that it is today. I couldn't believe my ears as he went further with his counsel...
"I want you to understand that starting small does not mean that you are small, it's a natural stage of progress. Everything on earth started small or began in a seed form including me and you. It's normal because it have only one place to go and that is increase.."
And when I checked, he was right. A large number of companies like Walmart, Cocacola, Shoprite etc...that I have researched and read thoroughly about, all of them started as a 'one man' businesses. That's on a global perspectives....
One person got an idea, saw the opportunity and the need and believed it. With passion and determination, they boldly ensured the idea became a physical tangible entity. Today, each of these companies I mentioned earlier have nothing less than two thousand five hundred outlets with aggregated staff of over 5 million people.
Talk about the local players in my field (Grocery Industry) like Sahad Stores, H-Medix, Skylark, Ebeano, Nadrem, Faxx, Masscare, and Pyramid Supermarket...They all started small with big vision. Today, some of this business Ventures are now leasing out franchise with their tentacles aggressively spreading across key strategic positions in Abuja and beyond. Sahad is on its way to to launch one of the biggest hospital in Abuja.
Sssshhhh!..I didn't say anything!
When I asked him what does he have to say about OPPORTUNIT(Y)IES???
He demystified it in a way that I was well pleased. He said that no human being on earth have never had an OPPORTUNITY in one way or the other to survive and scale above abject poverty. It's in our ability to recognize that opportunity and cease it that makes the difference.
"When you do this, that's when people begins to tell how lucky you are. Luck usually stems from CEASING an opportunity. If we are diligent in our dealings, stay focused and become customers centric, we will always survive. There's no shortcut to success. It have to involve hardwork. Due diligence and perseverance" he said.
The hallmark of our conversation was when he revealed a little of his vision and I was stunned to learn that even with all these level of achievement and massive strides of successes and accomplishments, he still feels like he haven't achieved anything. Then I know, entrepreneurship is truly a voyage; an unending journey to the unknown with an optimistic foray into the future.
He ended his remarks by telling me never to dispise my little beginning, for greater is the end of a thing thereof than the starting point.
"Keep your focus, come to work a little earlier, work a little harder, closer a little later and success shall surely knock at your door. Try all these with an intensive focus, trust me, you will be respected among men in the future"
"I hope so" I replied and heaved a very deep sigh of relief, thanked him very well then left with a reassurance of hope to hold on steadfastly and do all he had told me.
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Dear readers, success in anything we do (as I have learned in recent years during my stewardship) comes from:
1. The repeated effort we consistently put into doing that which we like.
2. Finding a way around to make it better.
3 Then monetize it in a way that your customers are always happy to pay you their hard earned money for the services you offer and equally feel happy to come back for more.
It doesn't matter what kind of business you are into, what kind of services you offer, how small you started or how much money you're going to start with. What matters most is your vision, your dream and the efforts and sacrifices you are willing to put in to see that your vision come through.
Go.Start.Grow.
#Bobbywrites
