MTN WAHALA
Sometime last week, the Nigerian
Communication Commission (NCC) with the
help of MTN disconnected me and my SIM
card.
They claimed that I had not registered my
line. . .see me see wahala oh! Line wey I
don dey use for more than 7years!!! I just
woke up on the friday morning and, upon
trying to make a call, I discovered I was
disconnected. The thing be say, I don
register my sim like three times in the past.
A week to the deadline by the stupid NCC, I
walked into an MTN office and, just to be on
the safe side, I registered my sim,again!!!
Upon discovering that I had been
disconnected, I rushed to the MTN office that
morning; just called in and told my oga
what happened. Ee don tey wey the man dey
vex for me. Na so him begin shout for my
head say I no wan go shop! Wetin man pikin
no go see! Upon the stress we dey the biz
dem no wan make I dey use phone???
Nanscenze!
I got to the 'empty-hen' office and met a
crowd! It was disheartening but I decided to
stay put and sort it all out. We were giving
numbers on first come basis and I was
#93!!! Damn! My oga will have me for lunch!
During the long wait, I walked to one of the
attendants that wasn't involved in the
registration. I complained to the mumu that I
had registered my line before and yet it got
disconnected. The guy looked at me like I
was a fool that didn't know what I was
saying. He asked for my number and I gave
him. He punched the keyboard like he hated
his job. Only if he knew how much I earned
and how I could kill him to sit in that his
air-conditioned office,**laughs** being
online all time and people looking up to me
for help, he would cherish his job!
"Your line is not registered!" he retorted to
me. I wanted to argue, but what was the
need? I was already at the office, so I would
just go on and do the registration.
And so I did.
I asked the pretty lady that registered my
line when I would be disconnected and she
said in the next 3 hours. I left and went
back to work.
Waited all through that day but no show! I
was so bitter the following morning when my
line was still off. I collected a neighbor's
phone and called the customer service. After
playing 17 tracks of stupid, boring music
and 129 adverts, one customer care picked
the call and claimed I was yet to register. I
totally lost it and shouted at her.
She apologised and told me I should go and
re-register it and that I should remain in
their office and insist it be opened before I
leave. It was a fantastic idea! I was going to
cause wahala for those empty-hen(MTN)
staffs.
I went back to the empty-hen office that
morning. I didn't border calling my oga. He
was going to shout at me on the phone, and
still in my face when he sees me; so why
don't I save him the stress of shouting on
the phone and do it on my face when I
report to shop later.
I got back to the empty-hen office and this
time around, I was number #139. I waited
patiently, and after the registration, the
attendant insisted that I will be back online
in 1 hr time. I told her I would sit and wait.
30 mins into my wait, my silly phone went
dead: low battery! Damn! There was no way
to get a charger, and no socket in that lousy
office, so I left, hoping it will be all right as I
was assured.
For where?? The thing no work! I called
customer care again and started the whining
over again. I threatened to dump my line (a
feat I knew I couldn't pull-off, owing to the
fact that I've used just one line all my life). I
shouted and whined for the customer care! I
really pitied her; I knew our conversation
was recorded and she would loose her job if
she dare talk back at me. She kept saying
she was sorry. It was Sunday already, and there was
nothing I could do.
First thing monday morning, my oga called
and threatened to serve me a query if i dare
report late to work. See me see wahala! I'm
sure I've answered like 8 querries withing
the past 6 months. One extra querry
wouldn't be so bad after all. But I decided to
forget the sim registration stuff and report to
work.
I kept monitoring my line but it was still off! I
called customer care one more time to let off
my steam. Once again, the staff at the other
end endured series of my shouts and empty
threats. Seems my line has been marked as
"Trouble-Customer." She sounded like she
wasn't surprised nor moved at my shouts.
She ook it all in good faith.
Finally, my neighbour told me of one spot
down the road where she did hers. She
asked me to try it out. I headed down the
road and met the guy. He was staying under
the sun, with an old laptop that looked more
like a typewriter. I told him about my case
and he said he would register me and within
10 mins, my line would open.
Hahahaha! I smiled if only he knew how
many times those mtn guys have tried and
failed in their regional office in maitama.
I non-challantly did the registration with him
and he charged me N100. There was this
song playing from the laptop/typewriter's
speaker and I was enjoying it. I stayed back
and listened to the track. Then another track,
then. . .Hurrayyyyy. . .my line came alive!
I was surprised when the first sms entered
and my phone beeped. Then the next sms,
then a BBM alert,whatsapp,tweeter,facebook!
Etcetera Hurrayyyy!!!!
So a road-side vendor, with a laptop that
looked more like a typewriter, sitting under
the scorching sun did what those lousy empty-hen
staff under the comfort of the office air-
conditioner and pentium-10000 laptop
couldn't do.
I was so elated that I promised the guy a job
with MTN.
I must have been high on cheap weed! Who
dash me MTN work? Abeggiii.
Communication Commission (NCC) with the
help of MTN disconnected me and my SIM
card.
They claimed that I had not registered my
line. . .see me see wahala oh! Line wey I
don dey use for more than 7years!!! I just
woke up on the friday morning and, upon
trying to make a call, I discovered I was
disconnected. The thing be say, I don
register my sim like three times in the past.
A week to the deadline by the stupid NCC, I
walked into an MTN office and, just to be on
the safe side, I registered my sim,again!!!
Upon discovering that I had been
disconnected, I rushed to the MTN office that
morning; just called in and told my oga
what happened. Ee don tey wey the man dey
vex for me. Na so him begin shout for my
head say I no wan go shop! Wetin man pikin
no go see! Upon the stress we dey the biz
dem no wan make I dey use phone???
Nanscenze!
I got to the 'empty-hen' office and met a
crowd! It was disheartening but I decided to
stay put and sort it all out. We were giving
numbers on first come basis and I was
#93!!! Damn! My oga will have me for lunch!
During the long wait, I walked to one of the
attendants that wasn't involved in the
registration. I complained to the mumu that I
had registered my line before and yet it got
disconnected. The guy looked at me like I
was a fool that didn't know what I was
saying. He asked for my number and I gave
him. He punched the keyboard like he hated
his job. Only if he knew how much I earned
and how I could kill him to sit in that his
air-conditioned office,**laughs** being
online all time and people looking up to me
for help, he would cherish his job!
"Your line is not registered!" he retorted to
me. I wanted to argue, but what was the
need? I was already at the office, so I would
just go on and do the registration.
And so I did.
I asked the pretty lady that registered my
line when I would be disconnected and she
said in the next 3 hours. I left and went
back to work.
Waited all through that day but no show! I
was so bitter the following morning when my
line was still off. I collected a neighbor's
phone and called the customer service. After
playing 17 tracks of stupid, boring music
and 129 adverts, one customer care picked
the call and claimed I was yet to register. I
totally lost it and shouted at her.
She apologised and told me I should go and
re-register it and that I should remain in
their office and insist it be opened before I
leave. It was a fantastic idea! I was going to
cause wahala for those empty-hen(MTN)
staffs.
I went back to the empty-hen office that
morning. I didn't border calling my oga. He
was going to shout at me on the phone, and
still in my face when he sees me; so why
don't I save him the stress of shouting on
the phone and do it on my face when I
report to shop later.
I got back to the empty-hen office and this
time around, I was number #139. I waited
patiently, and after the registration, the
attendant insisted that I will be back online
in 1 hr time. I told her I would sit and wait.
30 mins into my wait, my silly phone went
dead: low battery! Damn! There was no way
to get a charger, and no socket in that lousy
office, so I left, hoping it will be all right as I
was assured.
For where?? The thing no work! I called
customer care again and started the whining
over again. I threatened to dump my line (a
feat I knew I couldn't pull-off, owing to the
fact that I've used just one line all my life). I
shouted and whined for the customer care! I
really pitied her; I knew our conversation
was recorded and she would loose her job if
she dare talk back at me. She kept saying
she was sorry. It was Sunday already, and there was
nothing I could do.
First thing monday morning, my oga called
and threatened to serve me a query if i dare
report late to work. See me see wahala! I'm
sure I've answered like 8 querries withing
the past 6 months. One extra querry
wouldn't be so bad after all. But I decided to
forget the sim registration stuff and report to
work.
I kept monitoring my line but it was still off! I
called customer care one more time to let off
my steam. Once again, the staff at the other
end endured series of my shouts and empty
threats. Seems my line has been marked as
"Trouble-Customer." She sounded like she
wasn't surprised nor moved at my shouts.
She ook it all in good faith.
Finally, my neighbour told me of one spot
down the road where she did hers. She
asked me to try it out. I headed down the
road and met the guy. He was staying under
the sun, with an old laptop that looked more
like a typewriter. I told him about my case
and he said he would register me and within
10 mins, my line would open.
Hahahaha! I smiled if only he knew how
many times those mtn guys have tried and
failed in their regional office in maitama.
I non-challantly did the registration with him
and he charged me N100. There was this
song playing from the laptop/typewriter's
speaker and I was enjoying it. I stayed back
and listened to the track. Then another track,
then. . .Hurrayyyyy. . .my line came alive!
I was surprised when the first sms entered
and my phone beeped. Then the next sms,
then a BBM alert,whatsapp,tweeter,facebook!
Etcetera Hurrayyyy!!!!
So a road-side vendor, with a laptop that
looked more like a typewriter, sitting under
the scorching sun did what those lousy empty-hen
staff under the comfort of the office air-
conditioner and pentium-10000 laptop
couldn't do.
I was so elated that I promised the guy a job
with MTN.
I must have been high on cheap weed! Who
dash me MTN work? Abeggiii.