IDEAS RULES THE WORLD. READ MY STORY.
At the peak of last year, I attended a seminar organized by Rev. Sam Adeyemi of Day Star Christian center in Wuse. It was a yearly program the Reverend organizes to teach people how to achieve their dream.
We were over 10,000 attendees at that year's event and the Reverend invited leaders in different fields of endeavors to talk to us on leadership, entrepreneurship, investment, real estate, and business management. Some of these guys were billionaires.
The highlights of the three day event for me was when the Reverend came on to tell us that to achieve it in live, we needed to change our thinking. He shared his own story and ideas from his bestselling book "Ideas Rule The World", and said one of the things that will change our thinking was to visit five star hotel and just sit in the lounge,the swimming pool area and just observe the rich. He said it was going to shift our thinking.
I took the Reverend's advice. As soon as I returned to Garki, I began to visit Sheraton and the Transcorp Hilton. Before long my thinking began to change. Things I believed to be impossible to achieve began to look possible.
For the first time, I began to think I also deserved to live like the guys I was rubbing shoulders with. I was rubbing shoulders with people I only read about only in the papers and see on TV.
On TV, they look like they are from another planet, especially when I read about how rich they were. I will conclude after reading about how wealthy they were that it was impossible for me to achieve.
But when I started mingling with these people, I could see that in real life, they looked ordinary. They didn't have two heads, they looked just like me. As a matter of fact, I looked smarter than some of them.
Even though some of them arrived Nigeria in their planes and were driven by N20 million worth of cars, lodged in a 300k one room apartment for a night.. Where toothbrush is sold for 15k. I could mingle with them. What they didn't know was that I trekked to the hotel because I didn't have N1000 (Literally) to take a cap to the Transcorp. I realized that poverty is a state of mind, it's not written on one's forehead.
So don't let your lack of money stop you from mingling with the rich at every given opportunity for you are the average of the three people you have around you.
#Bobbywrites
We were over 10,000 attendees at that year's event and the Reverend invited leaders in different fields of endeavors to talk to us on leadership, entrepreneurship, investment, real estate, and business management. Some of these guys were billionaires.
The highlights of the three day event for me was when the Reverend came on to tell us that to achieve it in live, we needed to change our thinking. He shared his own story and ideas from his bestselling book "Ideas Rule The World", and said one of the things that will change our thinking was to visit five star hotel and just sit in the lounge,the swimming pool area and just observe the rich. He said it was going to shift our thinking.
I took the Reverend's advice. As soon as I returned to Garki, I began to visit Sheraton and the Transcorp Hilton. Before long my thinking began to change. Things I believed to be impossible to achieve began to look possible.
For the first time, I began to think I also deserved to live like the guys I was rubbing shoulders with. I was rubbing shoulders with people I only read about only in the papers and see on TV.
On TV, they look like they are from another planet, especially when I read about how rich they were. I will conclude after reading about how wealthy they were that it was impossible for me to achieve.
But when I started mingling with these people, I could see that in real life, they looked ordinary. They didn't have two heads, they looked just like me. As a matter of fact, I looked smarter than some of them.
Even though some of them arrived Nigeria in their planes and were driven by N20 million worth of cars, lodged in a 300k one room apartment for a night.. Where toothbrush is sold for 15k. I could mingle with them. What they didn't know was that I trekked to the hotel because I didn't have N1000 (Literally) to take a cap to the Transcorp. I realized that poverty is a state of mind, it's not written on one's forehead.
So don't let your lack of money stop you from mingling with the rich at every given opportunity for you are the average of the three people you have around you.
#Bobbywrites