MY DREAM AND MY CHALLENGES.
Hello friends, I will be sharing my experience and lessons on achieving the dream career of my choice amidst challenges. I will also share various ways you can enhance yourself and improve your skills.
In the course of my write-up, I will touch on
making the best decision amidst challenges,
skills on how to become a good Apprentice,
career progression, personal fulfilment and
investments.
I will also say a little about scholarship opportunities (both primary and Secondary Schools)
NB: This is NOT a textbook theory on achieving a great career. Thus, don't expect text book approach to career issues. The post doesn't answer all career questions. It focuses on my peculiar experience and lessons learnt back then in Secondary school, my journey as a steward, including my modest career pursuit and my achievements, mistakes and obstacles so far.
I will also refer to other people's experiences in many cases. My challenges and disappointments in the course of my life's voyages. I'm still an ambitious young business-guy, who is looking forward to achieving more in life and progressing my career. I am not perfect. I just want to share this so that we can all learn from it. I hope my story will inspire many.
This is because I know that true life stories inspire far more than motivational write-ups.( if you doubt, ask Ben Carson, his own story greatly spurred me.) Please anybody with varied experiences can also contribute. It promises to be interesting, detailed and elaborate. I also promise to update this post at least once week. I can't promise to do more for now because of the nature of our business.
NB: I'm not a writer , though still aspiring to become one someday. Instead of criticising my flaws please correct me .
SECTION ONE: Let me quickly give you a little background information about myself: I schooled in one of the public secondary schools in Ohaozara Local Government Ebonyi State. I am one of the unlucky few people that narrowly missed parallel A's in my WASSCE and NECO examinations. I almost turned a nerd back then in school all in the name of finishing with best result/grade. I sometimes still feel I was deliberately denied that grade in my Science department. I was so enraged that I didn't even care to collect my result from our principal after i checked it online, even though I was still within the town when the result was released. I still hold a little grudge against my alma mater till date.
DURING MY SECONDARY SCHOOL DAYS... I decided to go for Sciences because I had a flair for mathematics and other core technical subjects. I wanted to work as a foremost engineer in a foremost engineering companies. That was my childhood dream.
A well known example is Bill Gates who dropped out of school to start Microsoft. Today, he is one of the most influential successful entrepreneur in the whole wide world. I heard Mike Adenuga, Carlo Slim of Mexico, John Davison, Rockefeller and lots of other people story are also similar. That's why it is funny to me when people (especially young entrepreneurs) condemn paid jobs. Money isn't everything. First of all, identify what you have a passion for. I desired to be an engineer in a top engineering company.
My dream was never to start off as an apprentice in entrepreneur field but situation subjected me to become one which i 've to oblige to nature simply because i don't have any concrete reason to refute it. The wherewithal is far reaching hence I need to strive harder to ensure that I have a place to start from. Some desire to be musicians,pilots,bankers, motivators, writers, doctors, entrepreneurs, etc. Focus on your dream because it is very hard to succeed at what you don't desire for, it is easier to succeed at what you love than what you are forcefully subjected to.
I'll like to pause here for the moment, checkout for other subsequent posts later, I equally enjoin you to tolerate my typos, I'm not a writer, I only tell stories as it comes from my heart.**
Feel free to ask questions base on career progression,steward service, business orientation and school prospects. By God's doing, we shall do justice to your questions. Second update loading...
I will also say a little about scholarship opportunities (both primary and Secondary Schools)
NB: This is NOT a textbook theory on achieving a great career. Thus, don't expect text book approach to career issues. The post doesn't answer all career questions. It focuses on my peculiar experience and lessons learnt back then in Secondary school, my journey as a steward, including my modest career pursuit and my achievements, mistakes and obstacles so far.
I will also refer to other people's experiences in many cases. My challenges and disappointments in the course of my life's voyages. I'm still an ambitious young business-guy, who is looking forward to achieving more in life and progressing my career. I am not perfect. I just want to share this so that we can all learn from it. I hope my story will inspire many.
This is because I know that true life stories inspire far more than motivational write-ups.( if you doubt, ask Ben Carson, his own story greatly spurred me.) Please anybody with varied experiences can also contribute. It promises to be interesting, detailed and elaborate. I also promise to update this post at least once week. I can't promise to do more for now because of the nature of our business.
NB: I'm not a writer , though still aspiring to become one someday. Instead of criticising my flaws please correct me .
SECTION ONE: Let me quickly give you a little background information about myself: I schooled in one of the public secondary schools in Ohaozara Local Government Ebonyi State. I am one of the unlucky few people that narrowly missed parallel A's in my WASSCE and NECO examinations. I almost turned a nerd back then in school all in the name of finishing with best result/grade. I sometimes still feel I was deliberately denied that grade in my Science department. I was so enraged that I didn't even care to collect my result from our principal after i checked it online, even though I was still within the town when the result was released. I still hold a little grudge against my alma mater till date.
DURING MY SECONDARY SCHOOL DAYS... I decided to go for Sciences because I had a flair for mathematics and other core technical subjects. I wanted to work as a foremost engineer in a foremost engineering companies. That was my childhood dream.
LESSON 1: Identify what you love and have a flair for. You will most likely succeed at what you love doing most.
I have some couple of friends back then in school who switched from Science department to Commercial Art in order to follow their heart desires. And believe me, they are not doing badly at all! I know people who never wanted a paid white collar job. They always wanted to be entrepreneurs. And upon graduation, they started off on their own and they are doing very well.A well known example is Bill Gates who dropped out of school to start Microsoft. Today, he is one of the most influential successful entrepreneur in the whole wide world. I heard Mike Adenuga, Carlo Slim of Mexico, John Davison, Rockefeller and lots of other people story are also similar. That's why it is funny to me when people (especially young entrepreneurs) condemn paid jobs. Money isn't everything. First of all, identify what you have a passion for. I desired to be an engineer in a top engineering company.
My dream was never to start off as an apprentice in entrepreneur field but situation subjected me to become one which i 've to oblige to nature simply because i don't have any concrete reason to refute it. The wherewithal is far reaching hence I need to strive harder to ensure that I have a place to start from. Some desire to be musicians,pilots,bankers, motivators, writers, doctors, entrepreneurs, etc. Focus on your dream because it is very hard to succeed at what you don't desire for, it is easier to succeed at what you love than what you are forcefully subjected to.
I'll like to pause here for the moment, checkout for other subsequent posts later, I equally enjoin you to tolerate my typos, I'm not a writer, I only tell stories as it comes from my heart.**
Feel free to ask questions base on career progression,steward service, business orientation and school prospects. By God's doing, we shall do justice to your questions. Second update loading...